Thursday 23 January 2014

Old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones.  If you know where this comes from then you are older than you look!  I'm on the subject of friends again.  This time it's an old friend, who I neglected for some years and then we became friends again - and she is loved and a blessing.  We met in 1966 at school but lost touch after we both moved away from our home town.  Never entirely, Christmas cards and the very occasional telephone conversation, but then 18 years ago she had her daughter and we started making more regular communication and now try to make the effort a bit more often.  If I ask advice she is one of the few people who will always tell me what she really thinks and there is that shared history, the fact that she remembers my mum and dad, for example, and my granddad, that makes it special.  The picture is a quick re-do of one I drew about 40 years ago, it's here somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.
And the quote at the beginning?  Just one of those radio programmes from my youth.  Answer is here

No comments :

Post a Comment